New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 18 posts ] 
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Grab your copy of the Minecraft world: http://gamedl.aprilon.org/a=mc/world_20150218_1509.tar.gz

To those that are still around checking the forums; this is the end of Aprilon. I've just cancelled the contract for our physical machine in France, and won't be coming up again. Thank you for all of your support, even since the launch of my first Garry's Mod server in Dec 2008.

The forums remain online for historical purposes -- also because they're hosted on servers I use on a hobby basis.

If you've got questions or need some advice, add me on Steam.

14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

It's been a good run. Aprilon was the first Garry's Mod community I had the pleasure of being part of. You people took me in on your sandbox server, showed me how to play the game properly and have fun.

For all the staff here, past and present, a big thank you.
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

Much agreed with Conor.

The past couple of years have been nothing but a great gaming experience with the community of Aprilon. Made lots of friends that still keep in touch. It's unfortunate to see it go. Why? Could be anything... just people having other things to do in life, minecraft not as fun anymore as it used to be? Anything. But who knows what the future lies, we may see the rise of aprilon yet again with a new "popular game". Very unlikely, I know for sure I'd return if anything like that happened; but anyways, Best of luck to everyone and your future endeavors! Thank you for everything.

26 Feb 2012, 13:16
49 Posts

Very sad
My first minecraft server

oh well, good luck everyone with whatever
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Thanks. Minecraft is not as interesting as it used to be. Garry's Mod is still interesting, but my time won't allow it.

You may see the rise of Aprilon again, but not under my lead. With the remaining resources at your disposal, any interest in running a community like this with a Steam group of 25K+ members, can be mailed to karl@aprilon.org.

Currently running is our two VPS instances, Leafa and Alixi. They both still run a few services like the forums, databases, teamspeak and code repositories.

Registration to the forums have been disabled while the community is suspended.

03 Jan 2010, 10:57
90 Posts

Good luck all!

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Aprilon was an amazing community. Good luck to everyone! :)
08 May 2011, 12:33
2 Posts

It was an awesome run!!

Thanks Karl for all the time you've put into this community.
Server Admin Server Admin
07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

RIP

:(

Lots of hours spent playing on multiple games, its a shame to see it go really

20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

*Peeks head in* *turns lights off* *vanishes into the night*
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

Late to the party but i'll leave this here:

Goodbye
It was fun while it lasted o/

01 Jul 2014, 15:12
1 Posts

damn what happened?
This was my first and last multiplayer server. I put so many hours into this server :cry:
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

No time and interest on my part. Glad you enjoyed it while it lasted! :V

01 May 2011, 14:10
76 Posts

RIP Aprilon, first server I ever joined.
Have some great memories from this place. Remember first time I went to Karltown and how amazed I was to see huuuge buildings everywhere :-)

Anyways just wanted to thank every one from back then to have really sparked my interest for Minecraft.

Today I own the largest Danish Minecraft network and it's actually my full time job lol!
Sorry if it seems like I'm showing off, but really I still think back to the old Aprilon days and how great Minecraft was to actually PLAY back then :)
26 Feb 2012, 13:16
49 Posts

freakdk wrote:
RIP Aprilon, first server I ever joined.
Have some great memories from this place. Remember first time I went to Karltown and how amazed I was to see huuuge buildings everywhere :-)

Anyways just wanted to thank every one from back then to have really sparked my interest for Minecraft.

Today I own the largest Danish Minecraft network and it's actually my full time job lol!
Sorry if it seems like I'm showing off, but really I still think back to the old Aprilon days and how great Minecraft was to actually PLAY back then :)

If you ever check this again could you send me the ip?
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 18 posts ]