New topic New reply  Page 1 of 4
 [ 52 posts ] 
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Hi all,

For the past month you may have noticed that our Minecraft server is offline. Originally, this was a hosting issue, but in the end, we've decided to shut it down indefinately.

Along with that decision, the crew of Aprilon have come to certain decisions; to halt most operations and services in our name, with the exception of our forums and other web-related services.

As such, the following services will be unavailable indefinately:

- Team Fortress 2 servers
- Minecraft servers
- OpenTTD servers

The TF2 and OpenTTD servers will be shutdown 5th of November 12:00 CET. Eventually, what this means, is that Aprilon will become a serverless community.

AcidWeb, our TF2 and OpenTTD server manager, will be attempting to run his own community. Best of luck to him. As for Blood and I, we've both decided to take a break from further development of this community. This is to free up time and responsibilities to accomodate for our focus on studies, work, and other personal issues that we may have.

This doesn't mean it's the end of the Aprilon community. When Blood and I finally have the free time to do serious development effort, we may try to relaunch the community from fresh. No promises, however.

For now, we're taking a break. If we get bored, we'll summon you for a game event from time to time, as such, we ask you to stick around in the Steam group, and hopefully our forums as well.

To end this announcement, here's a nice list of awesome people that have contributed to the development and maintenance of the Aprilon community, in no particular order (some may have been forgotten, my bad!):

- Karl
- Blood (Hendrik)
- AcidWeb (Pawel)
- Cypherous (Shane)
- ManIAc (Martin)
- QB
- theblackerbanana (Martin)
- Ultimate100 (Flemming)
- XNovaCore
- Conor
- RoY4lZ (Steven)
- Jamza (James)
- Chinichi (Michel)
- Patchouli
- Inevitable
- Prophecy
- Puckey (Jake)

Really huge thanks to former administrators and moderators, and the development contributors to our projects, and ofcourse, YOU AWESOME PLAYERS.

STICK AROUND.

If you're interested in talking to us, feel free to add us;
http://steamcommunity.com/id/karl
http://steamcommunity.com/id/blood
http://steamcommunity.com/id/AcidWeb

Aprilon Minecraft worlds are available by torrent

Download BitTorrent, uTorrent or other torrenting software, then download this file: http://dropcanvas.com/bd2ch/41

Non-torrent downloads are however also available on these links:

http://tachibana.cypherous.co.uk/aprilon/ (US) and http://wg.aprilon.net/smp-final/ (EU)

Boring and incomplete Aprilon timeline

11/07/2012 Forum reaches 900 members.
20/01/2012 Forum reaches 800 members.
02/11/2010 Domain APRILON.ORG is registered, but site address was not changed.
01/10/2010 Forum reaches 400 members.
27/04/2010 Forum reaches 300 members.
27/01/2009 'Hyperion' was dropped due to high costs.
27/12/2009 Dedicated server 'Hyperion' was born, rented from RackSRV. New TF2 servers were also born.
11/11/2009 Forum reaches 200 members.
29/09/2009 Domain APRILON.NET is registered, and site address is officially changed.
09/07/2009 Forum reaches 100 members.
25/05/2009 Steam group was born.
25/05/2009 Domain FACEMETA.com is registered, and forums were born.
01/05/2009 Team Fortress 2, Badwater/Goldrush rotation is born at UKGame.
01/05/2009 Aprilon receives first donation.
12/02/2009 Moved Garry's Mod server to UKGame (UK).
01/02/2009 Moved Garry's Mod server to FatGames (DE).
27/12/2008 Unofficially the birth of Aprilon, by launching the first Garry's Mod server at Cybernetic Servers (UK).

29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

Server Admin Server Admin
07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Gotta say its been a great few years, i'll be hanging around in the IRC as always just because i can :P

Hope to see more of you there :)

One thing we can look in to doing is setting up aprilon groups in some other games that don't require us to host, things like Dota 2 and LoL and also games like Hawken and End of Nations once they release :)

1994 Posts

Aprilon Minecraft worlds are available by torrent

Download BitTorrent, uTorrent or other torrenting software, then download this file: http://dropcanvas.com/bd2ch/41

12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

sad moment is sad Image

11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

28 Oct 2012, 09:31
1 Posts

Thanks for everything. Bye
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

Being at Aprilon has been a great experience; I've met some amazing people here.

These past years have been awesome guys, and it is a shame to see the server hosting the Minecraft world we've come to know and love disappear.
14 Aug 2010, 12:12
24 Posts

well i'm certainly sad to hear it. nothing worse than playing TF on those Lotus servers...

anyway, thank you for all your work and best of luck for your future endeavors!
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Well I'm always sad to hear these things, but I can't say that I didn't expect it to happen at some point.
It was a great ride, and I'm sure the name Aprilon is known a lot of places. (Hopefully for something positive. :P )

I'll be around just as much as I used to, and I'm always open for a game of something. (Anything really, if I got the time) So feel free to hit me up on Steam.

I'd love to see some events in random games, be it some random mod, or a game we have played a million times.

So best of luck to the ones who depart, and for the rest: See you right here. ;)
03 Nov 2009, 15:17
469 Posts

I had a good time with Aprilon. I'll see you guys around :)

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Sad to hear but we're still a community. I'll hang around here and on our IRC regardless of having a game server or not :)
13 Jun 2011, 04:34
23 Posts

*sadface*

So, nothing ever again?

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

The Chosen One wrote:
*sadface*

So, nothing ever again?

Far from it, just nothing for now, i'm pretty sure karl would love to get things going again in the future when they have the time for it :)

1994 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
The Chosen One wrote:
*sadface*

So, nothing ever again?

Far from it, just nothing for now, i'm pretty sure karl would love to get things going again in the future when they have the time for it :)

Exactly. We'll see what happens when we're in April/May.