New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 28 posts ] 
VIP VIP
26 Feb 2010, 13:58
5 Posts

Well....World is infested with idiots who try their best to destroy others fun. So here is the question:

Why not to give some power over those pesky trolls to the vip? I mean a way to control them or punish for stupid disruptive behavior. Slap, or ignite...Idk...And there is no way to report in game about such behavior to the admins - so maybe a report tool for VIPS? Cause we are more frequently on the server than admins are :P

Consider this, it for the best of our little community ;)
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

maybe I'll make something that'll be uploaded along with aprilonscript.

27 Jan 2010, 16:42
21 Posts

liko2k wrote:
Well....World is infested with idiots who try their best to destroy others fun. So here is the question:

Why not to give some power over those pesky trolls to the vip? I mean a way to control them or punish for stupid disruptive behavior. Slap, or ignite...Idk...And there is no way to report in game about such behavior to the admins - so maybe a report tool for VIPS? Cause we are more frequently on the server than admins are :P

Consider this, it for the best of our little community ;)

Like yestarday when someone was putting everyone and everything on fire so people leaved?
Or was that an admin?

26 Feb 2010, 13:58
5 Posts

Yes, but I couldn't figure out who was doing that....Vips don't have such powers?
19 Feb 2010, 19:07
26 Posts

08 Jan 2010, 11:26
390 Posts

VIP's can use the Anti-Noclip tool and the !tp command to their advantage, as some people used to do, make a little 'Jail', put Anti-Noclip on it and teleport the player to inside the jail. Might take them a while to work something out. If they prop spam, get them back in there and give them !god. Simples. :D And if they kill themselves using "kill" in the command console just teleport them back into the jail.

OR!

If you want something that might slow them, noclip into the sky. And keep going. And keep going. You will be going for a LONG time. Keep going untill you get to the 'Other World'. And teleport them there. Easy. If you want them away for a longer time, go to the sides of the map and keep going to go for about 2 'Other Worlds'. Keep going to other worlds for longer times. To get yourself back? !goto someone.

I use both methods to be honest. Depends what mood I'm in. xD

11 Dec 2009, 16:08
26 Posts

I reckon VIPs should atleast be able to restart the server since whenever it needs restarting due to prop errors, no admin is ever in lol!
Server Admin Server Admin
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

AidzCake wrote:
I reckon VIPs should atleast be able to restart the server since whenever it needs restarting due to prop errors, no admin is ever in lol!

That would be far to easy to abuse. Especially with several VIP's being banned recently making it even less likely that we will trust VIP's with that sort of power.
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Imagine the server being restarted every 5 minutes with the reason "Because I can" :v

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

"B-b-but my prop went crazy! So I had to restart the server! D:"
Or: "But my catapult didn't fire right!"
Or: "lol"
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Give it to trusted VIPs. I think it is a good idea.
VIP VIP
26 Dec 2009, 16:28
85 Posts

I miss the good 'ol !hp exploit....
VIP VIP
08 Jan 2010, 11:26
390 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:
Give it to trusted VIPs. I think it is a good idea.

I agree with that. Give some people like a few extra commands where they can kick people or something. (Trust people of course!) I'm not saying to give it to any old random person who might be a friend of.. uh, let's just say Karl's for now, but give it to someone on who most of the Admin's (Or all) can agree they can trust. I know this practically sounds like giving them admin, but then they get their money's worth at least. XD

26 Dec 2009, 16:28
85 Posts

Ugh, i don't like it, people might donate then gain trust to be a trusted VIP, then, whoosh, about 10 random restarts a day until karl finds the cause.
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

I think you misunderstand the definition of trust. Trust is not something everyone are able to receive, however if the trusted VIP does something stupid, it's not hard to remove his rights again.
Administrators should agree to give someone rights, and maybe even vote if the player is a trusted VIP.

You should think about it, I think it's a great idea.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 28 posts ]