Archive: Old pointless posts are stored here for the purposes of cleaning up the other forums.
Topic locked

A tactical suggestion I would like to try out.

10 Jul 2010, 17:08

Well, this new engi-update has brought me alot of tactical ideas for the engi-class.
The main idea to work with, is that you can move your shite, which I think is bloody brilliant. I'm thinking.. It's the first stage in Goldrush, you and your engi-buddie(s) are RED. (Let's say you're 3 people.)

The round starts, 2 engies pop tele entrances like usual, one pops an exit. Now one of the engies with an entrance, charges to the front lines, and quickly builds and upgrades a level 3 teleporter. While he's doing this, the two other engies build their whole arsenal. (Level 3 Sentry, Dispenser and upgrades his entrance/exit in spawn.)
Now as soon as the engie with the exit in spawn is done, he takes the teleporter to the frontlines, throw down his entrance, and now the fun begins. All the engies can now freely go back and fourth with fully upgraded stuff, and once everything is placed, they should have time enough to help the last engi with his sentry, and maybe even his dispenser. All this before the actual round has started.
No fighting over metal, no people in the way, and you will be able to get everything at level 3, instead of having to leave your Dispenser at level 1, or sentry/tele at 1/2.

What do you think? Ideas?
All engies could go entrance at spawn, but that would leave their dispenser in the spawn, and forcing the engies to console-kill in order to get it.

Of course there's also the obvious.
BLU get's attic in Goldrush Pt. 1, one engie gets a tele up in the attic, then 1/2 engies pop out with sentries.

Re: A tactical suggestion I would like to try out.

10 Jul 2010, 18:47

It sounds nice :) Should try it out sometime.

15 Jul 2010, 13:46

Engie update is out? :o what am I doing in Mexico??

30 Aug 2010, 09:48

Have you tried it yet Maniac?
If you need an engy partner to give this a go, i am your man.

30 Aug 2010, 14:32

Gionimo wrote:Have you tried it yet Maniac?
If you need an engy partner to give this a go, i am your man.

I have to some extend. And works just fine. Problem is the engies that don't put teles at the frontlines, so when I take the tele to put up my sentry, I have to run half the map through to get there.
But works just fine. :)
Topic locked