08 Jan 2010, 13:23
504 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5308073/korean-develo ... off-claims

I mean how dare they! :o
Not only they dare,
IT
IS
OBVIOUS

Seriously whats wrong with them? VALVe should sue them all for all they got :evil:
The worst thing is they probably can't because nothing is actually copied, but its obvious what they are doing.
Since racism is a bad thing i wont even say it.

COMPARISON

20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

I would buy this game just for beeing a TF2 clone with girls =D
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
I would buy this game just for beeing a TF2 clone with girls =D

This.

19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

This is so freaking obvious it makes you think they're doing it on purpose, as some kind of parody.

504 Posts

Its a low-blow to valve, and valve probably can't do anything about it. :cry:

Aya wrote:
it makes you think they're doing it on purpose

They are, that much lookalikes aren't by accident, even camera positions in the vid are pretty same, EVEN the scene where scouts legs are recorded while he runs.

1037 Posts

Haha, are you seriously being sad for Valve? If anything this is great advertising for them, seeing as the korean people also don't like this.

C'mon man, it's a huge company, why are you being sad about this? wtf. Why do you even care about this copying?

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

I agree with Multi.
Triforce, or whatever they are called, sucks.
Loved Ex-Admin ♥ Loved Ex-Admin ♥
504 Posts

Try putting yourself in the position, yes you own a big company and little thing like this can't hurt it probably.
But someone is copying your work that was very unique, and the copy is so obvious it they don't even try to cover it up, demo grenade is like 90% same. Mind as well make TF3 with a different name and mock you.It looks like they aren't even trying to build a game, they are building a copy.

Indeed valve is a big company but even if its big, i would HATE somebody distributing my ideas OR even make money on it, and doing it so obviously with so little difference.

Aya wrote:
Haha, are you seriously being sad for Valve?

Im beeing sad for TF2, it was one of a kind, and they are now ruining it and they are doing it so classy.
Its not like stupid COD, 6 versions of it (and endless count of f2p fps's like cod)

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

One thing though:
It's hard to make any games that doesn't resemble other games, I give them that.. But wow.. That was like a complete knockoff.

I just think they just shot themselves in the foot with this one, seeing how the korean gamers hate them aswell.

I'm sure Valve is just sitting back, snickering in their large armchairs.
I mean.. Who in their right mind would buy something like that, when there's TF2?

It doesn't even have hats!
504 Posts

Probably nobody, but they are on the way of ruining the word unique from TF2

It might not have hats, but way things are developing:
dev1: We already copied the whole game, why not add hats?
dev2: Yeah TF2 has hats, lets add them!

1037 Posts

Multilogic wrote:
Try putting yourself in the position, yes you own a big company and little thing like this can't hurt it probably.
But someone is copying your work that was very unique, and the copy is so obvious it they don't even try to cover it up, demo grenade is like 90% same. Mind as well make TF3 with a different name and mock you.It looks like they aren't even trying to build a game, they are building a copy.

Indeed valve is a big company but even if its big, i would HATE somebody distributing my ideas OR even make money on it, and doing it so obviously with so little difference.

Aya wrote:

Im beeing sad for TF2, it was one of a kind, and they are now ruining it and they are doing it so classy.
Its not like stupid COD, 6 versions of it (and endless count of f2p fps's like cod)

Why would you care about this at all if EVERYONE, including the South Koreans, who should've been buying this copy game, all know that TF2 is unique, and that this new game is a straight copy? If anything, this is a boost for TF2's reputation, and let's not forget the advertising. Everyone knows this game will never be popular, it will never compete with TF2, not even in South Korea. If anything, this just shows that nobody can copy a high quality game like TF2.

It also just shows how good TF2 is, when other companies want to copy it as obviously as with this game. It's flattering.

I don't get you guys.

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Aya wrote:
Multilogic wrote:

Aya wrote:

Why would you care about this at all if EVERYONE, including the South Koreans, who should've been buying this copy game, all know that TF2 is unique, and that this new game is a straight copy? If anything, this is a boost for TF2's reputation, and let's not forget the advertising. Everyone knows this game will never be popular, it will never compete with TF2, not even in South Korea. If anything, this just shows that nobody can copy a high quality game like TF2.

It also just shows how good TF2 is, when other companies want to copy it as obviously as with this game. It's flattering.

I don't get you guys.

Summary: Hats
504 Posts

Nobody can, but those devs are stupid enough to try it, it makes me sick!
People accused them of copying TF2, they said: "We will reveal the gameplay soon. Other than that, we have no comment at this time."

1037 Posts

Seriously though? What's so bad about copying/stealing ideas? I'd rather play a good, copied game, than a shitty original one.

How do you think I get good at games? Copy playstyles. How do I get nicknames? Steal them from other people. Copying is a good thing. Remember the first time you got a 'free' game by burning it on a CD from a friend? Yeah, good stuff.

504 Posts

Aya wrote:
Seriously though? What's so bad about copying/stealing ideas? I'd rather play a good, copied game, than a shitty original one.

How do you think I get good at games? Copy playstyles. How do I get nicknames? Steal them from other people. Copying is a good thing. Remember the first time you got a 'free' game by burning it on a CD from a friend? Yeah, good stuff.

This is copying on a different level, nobody ever copied and made the game THAT much same, of course copying happens all the time(which is ok), but not at this level

How would anybody get an idea if not from another game or movie or anything to inspire them
But they didn't just take the idea, they took the structure of the game and made it pretty much the same instead of doing something useful they copy the whole thing

Aya wrote:
Remember the first time you got a 'free' game by burning it on a CD from a friend? Yeah, good stuff.

Good times! :quagmire: xd

Aya wrote:

Id understand a remake of a shit game, but i cover that up in text below

They didn't remake a shit game(not this time, so tf2 doesn't need remaking specially not on another engine [certainly not on one made by koreans]), they are making a shit game out of original.